Monday, July 13, 2009

Summer Vacation

Here are some Highlights from my trips to Provo and Seattle.

  • Being in the bookstore with John and Dakin on Tuesday at 11 am (while it was technically closed) and not feeling guilty about missing devotional
  • Seven Peaks with Dan and John and their families
  • Seeing Donna and Mark's house in Bothel for the first time
  • Canoeing with Donna, Mark, Mia, and Sam, which included several misadventures with canoe steering, inhaling second-hand weed, and Sam standing up and peeing out of the canoe
  • Trying to keep myself from laughing at Sam, or at least hiding the fact that I was laughing, to keep him from yelling at me. And despite that...
  • Making both Mia and Sam scream most of the way home from church because I was laughing, which screaming made Donna and I both laugh to the point of tears
  • Donna converting me to coupon-ing ($40-some value of groceries, $8 paid- that was the clincher), and introducing me to Seriously, So Blessed
  • Literally eating my weight in pie and root beer
  • Watching illegal fireworks from the driveway- there were so many that it was hard to decide which ones to watch
  • Taking a ferry to Kingston, watching Sam do his excited-dance while he waited for the boat, and eating delicious crepes












  • Nate being super cute: dancing, taking little steps, singing and gabbing, pointing at where he wanted to be taken...such an adorable kid
  • Hearing Sam ask Donna, "When is that girl (aka me) going to leave?" and then his refusal to be near me while he was eating for the next two days. But we were buds when he wasn't eating.
  • Turning around about 5 times in our efforts to go on a hike
  • Eating at Small Fryes, where Nate peed on Donna and Sam and I ran around looking for a potty, as the porta-potty was not up to his standards
  • An afternoon in Seattle and nearly missing my flight (it actually wasn't that close, but Donna and I were panicked for a few minutes while we waited in traffic to get onto the freeway)
  • Finishing 3 books (In Defense of Food, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, and Their Eyes Were Watching God) by the time my plane landed in California

All in all, the trip was really fun! I had a great time visiting Donna and her family. Mia, Sam, and Nate were very entertaining, even when that fact ticked them off.

2 comments:

Jana said...

your nieces and nephews are seriously adorable!

ps. yes, kim is incredible gorgeous! and i took all of her bridals at lake elizabeth - we were on a strict schedule :)

MAB said...

It was fun having you here Katy! And my kids do actually miss you, even Sam (though he did emphatically tell a complete stranger today that he "does not like anyone laughing at him").

To any other family members who might want to come visit, we can do all those fun things for you too! Except the illegal fireworks-- those are on July 4th only. Well the 3rd-5th actually.